Transitional Kinder Enrollment Forms and Procedures
Please read carefully to know where to start your enrollment direction.
If you live outside of Glendale but you do NOT have an approved permit STOP! You may not register until your permit is approved. If you have an approved permit and/or FLAG/Magnet offer please keep reading.
All Glendale residents and students with an approved permit please follow the instructions below to enroll your child:
1. Print and complete an enrollment packet for your student. English packet is a fillable PDF if you prefer to download and save. Printed copies of the enrollment packets are available in the front lobby of the District Office.
2. Complete online pre-enrollment. During the pre-enrollment you will be asked to upload the following documents. PLEASE UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. They are all mandatory and registration will not be completed until we have all documents, in their entirety, submitted and verified by GUSD. **If you prefer to drop off the packet instead of uploading you may do so at our district office.**
DOCUMENTS TO UPLOAD:
Completed Enrollment Packet
Legal proof of Age: Accepted forms of documents include: birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate
Proof of Residency (MUST SUBMIT TWO):
- Current and original utility bill which is no more than two months old. (If you are providing two utility bills they must be from two separate utility companies).
- Escrow papers showing closing date
- Rental agreement
- most current property tax payment receipt
- Most recent pay stub
- Current voter registration receipt
- Communication from a government agency dated no more than three months ago.
- If you are currently living with another party and do not have two of the items listed above, please complete the Parent Living With Under Party form listed below and provide the required documents. Please know this form must be updated annually. Parent Living With Another Party Form: English Armenian Spanish Korean
Immunizations: We must receive a copy of your child's immunization records. Please see enrollment packet for required immunizations. If your child does not have all the required immunizations at the time of enrollment, he or she will be "conditionally" enrolled but proof of all missing immunizations will be required before the start of the 20-21 school year.
Picture ID of Parent or Guardian enrolling the student: driver’s license or passport
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR CHILD:
● If there are any court orders or legal bindings pertaining to the child, please provide a copy of the stamped order signed by a judge.
● If your child has an IEP with another district, a copy of his or her latest IEP.
4. Send an email to GUSDEnrollment@gusd.net to let us know you have completed steps 1 & 2 above.
What to Expect:
Because not all sites offer TK, we will mail you a letter in the mail advising you which site your child has been assigned to. If you would like to request a specific TK site, please include a note with your packet. We will do our best to accommodate your request but can not guarantee placement. TK site locations can be found at: https://www.gusd.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=642
**IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER OR NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE CALL 818-241-3111 EXT. 1283.**
**Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program and is offered at many but not all sites throughout the district. Your child will be enrolled at the closest available Transitional Kindergarten site to his/her school of residence. The ratio of students-to-teacher will mirror that of the Kindergarten classes. Schools may reach capacity in Transitional Kindergarten throughout the year -- this is referred to as, “capping.” When capping occurs in Transitional Kindergarten and a new student attempts to enroll, the new student will be placed in another Transitional Kindergarten site where space is available. Students who attend Transitional Kindergarten at one of the designated sites will return to their school of residence for Kindergarten.**