Modified Procedures for Public Communications
The Board of Education is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our entire Glendale Unified community. Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20 issued by Governor Gavin Newsom on March 17, 2020, Glendale Unified Board meetings will be closed to the public until social distancing directives have been lifted.
ADDRESSING THE BOARD OF EDUCATION – An individual or group representative may address the Board of Education on any agenda item or subject within its jurisdiction. In order to facilitate public participation at meetings while adhering to proper social distancing guidelines, the Board will accept public communications via teleconference until further notice. If you wish to make a public comment at an upcoming meeting, please follow the instructions below.
Not more than five minutes may be allotted to each speaker and no more than twenty minutes to each subject, except by unanimous consent of the Board of Education. A speaker’s allotted time cannot be deferred to another speaker. Board Members may question the speaker but there will be no debate or decision. The Superintendent may refer the matter to the proper department for review. A student’s parent/guardian, or a student if age 18 or older, may request that the minutes exclude the student’s directory information, as defined in Education Code 49061, or a parent/guardians’ personal information, as defined in Education Code 49073.2. The request to exclude such information shall be made in writing to the secretary or clerk of the Board.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Public Information Office at (818) 241-3111 x1218.
Instructions for public comments at board meetings:
- A survey “sign up” will be posted below for members of the public 30 minutes prior to the start of the public meeting.
- Speakers should fill in their name and select if they wish to address the board regarding a specific agenda item/subject or a non-agenda item.
- Speakers are asked to attend the board meeting virtually through the Zoom invitation link: https://glendaleusd.zoom.us/j/6060855606?pwd=Q1Q4QW4wVVY3a25aa0Q3NDFhbXhFZz09. Only those who have completed the speaker sign up survey will be allowed to enter the Zoom meeting.
- When it is time for a speaker to address the Board, their name will be called and the microphone on their Zoom account will be activated. Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers should rename their Zoom profile to their real names to expedite this process.
- Speakers are requested to state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the five minute time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
- The speaker sign up survey and Zoom teleconference links will be closed following the Public Communications portion of the meeting.
Public Communication for our June 16, 2020 Board of Education Meeting is now closed.
If you did not have an opportunity to make a comment and would like to send a message to the Board of Education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
The Public Communication sign up form for our next Glendale Unified Board of Education Meeting will be available at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14, 2020.
Glendale Unified School District will provide accommodations, with reasonable advanced notice, for any individual with a disability or any individual requiring translation needing to address the Board of Education during Public Communication. Please contact the Glendale Unified Public Information Office at (818) 241-3111 x1218 or email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting to request accommodation.