Theodore Roosevelt Middle School | STEAM Academy Magnet School
With emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics
Address: 222 E. Acacia Avenue, Glendale, CA 91205
Phone: (818) 242-6845
About Our School
Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, Roosevelt will be the first middle school magnet in GUSD. Roosevelt’s theme will be STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics).
The curriculum offered at Roosevelt STEAM Academy Magnet will serve as a bridge between the amazing programs at GUSD's technology-focused elementary magnets and the great STEAM programs at Glendale, Hoover, and Clark Magnet High Schools.
Students will immediately benefit from advanced STEAM curriculum. Beginning the fall of 2019:
- Roosevelt teachers will have broader computer availability in every classroom
- students will have access to digital curriculum throughout the school day, including using Google Classroom in all classes
- Roosevelt science teachers will begin embedding computer science instruction into their classes through a partnership with Code to the Future, a leading computer science program already being implemented at Cerritos Elementary Computer Science Magnet
- classroom technology and advanced computer science curriculum, including the partnership with Code to the Future, will be primarily funded by the District’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) grant.
Clark Magnet High School and GUSD Elementary and Middle Magnet Schools require an application. All Clark applicants are required to reside within the boundaries of Glendale Unified School District.
Students are selected each year by a random lottery.
- The lottery window for the 2020-2021 school year is closed.
- The application window for the 2021-2022 Elementary Magnet and FLAG Programs and Roosevelt STEAM Academy is November 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021. The lottery drawing will be held on February 10, 2021.
- Clark Magnet High School Application window is January 11, 2021 - January 31, 2021. The lottery drawing will be conducted on March 5, 2021. Parents must submit their acceptance online no later than March 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- Only eligible applications submitted during the application window will be included in the 2021-2022 lottery. All late applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply for one of GUSD's magnet schools, visit GUSDMagnetandFlag.com