Resources for all target languages
- GUSD Flag Dual Language Immersion Resources
- HOMEWORK CLUB (this is a paid resource)
- Audible.com: free stories in multiple languages to play on your device out loud.
- Audio Lingua: free site allows students to listen to recordings in the target language.
- ManyBooks: lots of e-books, free.
- Whoo's Reading: our very own amazing librarian's website!
- Glendale Library Arts and Culture and Los Angeles Public Library
- Free Tutoring: Tree of Knowledge is offering free tutoring to our GUSD students (all levels) from 5/1/20 to 6/30/20. For more information please click on Flyer
Spanish & French: Tumblebooks
- Go to : https://www.eglendalelac.org/
- Click on digital library up at the top https://www.eglendalelac.org/digital-library
- Scroll down and click on ebooks and audiobooks https://www.eglendalelac.org/eresources
- Under the ebooks tab look for Tumblebooks https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/Home.aspx?categoryID=77
- Once you are in click on the tap language learning https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/BooksList.aspx?categoryID=80
- it will then pop up with Spanish and French book titles
Do not use Google Translate.
Instead, try Wordreference if your child needs to look up words. Google Translate is machine-generated and often inaccurate. Wordreference provides definitions and example sentences for context with each word, including parts of speech. It also has a verb conjugator and grammar section.
How to use these suggested language resources:
Choose ONE app, ONE podcast, and ONE TV show your child likes.
Use each source once per week. This is a great habit to establish for summer break as well.