Glendale Unified is now accepting permits for the 2023-24 school year!
Apply for a district permit online at glendale.schoolmint.com!
Glendale Unified recognizes the need and provides an opportunity for parents/guardians to request a permit for their child to attend a school other than their assigned school of residence.
Permits (new and renewal) are granted on a continuous basis and depend on space availability and meeting established criteria.
Apply for a district permit online at glendale.schoolmint.com.
The permit application for the 2023-24 school year will open on March 1, 2023.
Types of Permits
- Intra-District Permit - For students who live within Glendale Unified School District boundaries and wish to attend a school other than their assigned school of residence.
- Inter-District Permit - For students who live outside Glendale Unified attendance boundaries and wish to attend a Glendale Unified school.
Reasons for Permit Requests
Students may request an intra- or inter-district permit for several reasons including, but not limited to:
- Sibling attendance
- Parent/guardian employment
- Prior attendance
- Child care needs
- Anticipated move
- Enrollment in a specialized program
Note: students living outside Glendale Unified School District boundaries must receive a release from their district of residence in order to obtain an inter-district permit.
Revocation of Permits
Students approved for an intra- or inter-district permit must abide by all school rules and procedures. A students' permit may be revoked for several reasons, including but not limited to:
- Unsatisfactory attendance.
- Unsatisfactory behavior or citizenship.
- Failure to notify school of change of residence.
For additional information about intra- and inter-district permit requests, please see our Board of Education policies:
- Intra-District Open Enrollment (5116.1): Board Policy | Administrative Regulation
- Inter-District Attendance Permits (5117): Board Policy | Administrative Regulation