Valley View Education Foundation
The Foundation Needs YOU!
We are seeking board members for the 2021-2022 school year and beyond…
The Valley View Education Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to supporting the needs of our students and staff. Our goal is to provide technology, programs, and equipment to promote the educational advancement of Valley View students. There are several ways to contribute and volunteer makes a difference!
WHO WE ARE
WE are YOU. We are parents, just like you. Every year Valley View Education Foundation works hard to provide materials, programs, and technological improvements to promote the educational advancement of our, Valley View, students.
WHAT WE DO
We work closely with teachers to identify appropriate needs throughout the school, and in the classrooms. Your contributions enrich our children’s experiences through some of their most formative years. We understand that not all parents are able to volunteer their time, which is why we simply ask you for money. Every dollar makes a difference in your child’s education, which is why we offer transparency and access to where your money is spent.
WHY WE DO IT
For our children! Believe it, or not, a lot of critical items are not covered by the Glendale Unified School District, or the California Department of Education. We fill in the gaps to provide the items necessary to ensure a quality education. These are some areas we have been fortunate to fund using your hard-earned, donated money:
- PE programs not covered by the district
- TK/K phonics program
- Virtual field trip to the Chumash Indian Museum
- "Colonial Day" program for 5th grade
- Professional development for teachers
- STEM Projects for a 6th grade class
- Computer lab upgrade with new computers, equipment, maintenance, and expenses
- New Lights & Audio for the Auditorium
- Mental health/self-care training for teachers
- Campus beautification
- TK/K play yard toys
- All Star Eagle Day
HOW DO WE DO IT?
Every year we run a themed annual fundraiser, known as the Campaign for Excellence, to raise funds for our school. We ask our families to donate a set amount per child to the Campaign for Excellence at the beginning of the year so that we can access the funds to pay for critical needs the Department of Education does NOT cover. This year we are asking for a $200 donation per child. . This money will go towards purchasing Chrome Books + Carts, and a much needed, fully funded Physical Education Program for TK through 3rd Grade at Valley View.
We understand every family has different financial resources, and it is not very easy for everyone to come up with a large amount of money at one time, ESPECIALLY, if you have more than 1 child at the school. So, we have options; You can donate by check, cash, or via a payment plan, to spread the amount over the course of the year.
WAYS TO DONATE:
Family & Friends -
- Spread the word to your family, extended family, and friends. They may want to help us and also benefit from a meaningful tax write off!
Employer Matching Gift Donations -
- Include your employer's Matching Gift form! We will gladly fill it out for you. If you don't know what this is, simply check the website to see if your employer offers a matching gift program for charitable contributions, as an employee benefit. Many companies do and it can automatically double or triple your donation, which makes a massive difference to our goal.
Amazon Smile -
- Foundation as your charity and we will receive a small percentage from the sales generated by your purchases. Nice and easy.
Annual Jogathon -
- Valley View Education Foundation puts on a FUN annual Jog-A-Thon to help supplement our fundraising efforts.
Monthly Recycling -
- We recycle at Valley View. Your kids can earn Eagle Eggs, while our school benefits from the funds generated through this robust environmentally sound program.
WE ARE A 501(c)(3) NON PROFIT
VVEF Tax ID# 95-4705459. It’s a WIN-WIN. Make a difference in your child’s education and write off your donation to the government. We will provide you with our Tax ID number for all monies/goods donated.
- To keep the best interest of all students in the forefront of our minds in any decisions we make.
- To foster an environment that not only inspires learning, but inspires individual growth.
- To adapt our priorities to the ever changing needs of Valley View students, and keep our technology current and relevant.
- To carefully manage and maintain our funds to continue to uphold our Mission.