Contractors and Vendors
Thank you for your interest in working with the Glendale Unified School District.
Interested contractors are encouraged to check our Project Opportunities page for job walk and bid opening notifications. We will advertise projects for a minimum of 7 days unless emergency services are required. Please feel free to call our office at (818) 507-0201 with any questions.
- Agreement For Small Construction Projects
- Contractor Bid Requirements Summary
- To be included in the District Contractors List, please submit your prequalification package here
Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) Requirements
On June 20, 2014, Governor Jerry Brown signed into law SB 854, a budget trailer bill that made significant changes to the administration and enforcement of Prevailing Wage requirements by the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR). Among these changes was the creation of a new Public Works Contractor registration program to replace the Compliance Monitoring Unit (CMU) and Labor Compliance Program (LCP) requirememts for bond-funded and other public works projects.
The registration program began on July 1, 2014. Contractors and subcontractors submitting bids are required to be registered by March 1, 2015 and meet the minimum requirements using the online application before bidding on public works contracts in California. Application and annual renewals are completed online with a non-refundable fee of $300. The requirement to use only registered contractors and subcontractors on public works projects applies to all projects awarded on or after April 1, 2015.
News Releases and Updates
Enforcement to the Requirement to Submit Certified Payroll Records Online Resumes News
The Department of Industrial Relations (DIR reminds Public Works contractors and subcontractors to submit Certified Payroll Records (CPRs) using DIR's online system. The Labor Commissioner will resumed enforcement of this requirement on August 1, 2016.
To learn about the enhancement to DIR's online reporting system, Public Works contractors and subcontractors are invited to consult the updated certified payroll reporting User Guides or watch the new CPR Tutorials. Contractors can also find answers to questions about the improvements on DIR's frequently asked questions (FAQs) page.
The certified payroll record display for data uploaded via XML has been updated to reflect the simplified reporting records. Please note that the requirements and steps for uploading payroll records via XML have not changed.
Prevailing Wage Changes for Public Works Projects That Use Ready-Mix News
The Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) is advising companies that use Ready-Mix concrete for public works projects of changes to prevailing wage laws. The changes apply to public works contracts that were advertised for bid or awarded on or after July 1, 2016.
Amendments to Assembly Bill 219 became effective on July 1. The amendments made the following changes to Labor Code section 1720.9:
- A company hauling or delivering Ready-Mix Concrete for a public works contract shall:
- Register as a public works contractor
- Submit a certified copy of the payroll records required by subdivision (a) of Section 1776 to the party that engaged the company and to the general contractor within five (5) working days after the employee has been paid, accompanied by a written time record that shall be certified by each driver for the performance of job duties.
- Ready-mix Concrete companies' requirement to submit payroll online to DIR using its Electronic Certified Payroll reporting system is temporarily is temporarily on hold.
- Nothing in section 1720.9 shall cause any company to be treated as a contractor or subcontractor for any purpose other than the application of this chapter of the Labor Code.
The amendments do not apply to public works contracts that were advertised for bid or awarded prior to July 1, 2016.
DIR's fact sheet and FAQs contain more information on the requirements for Ready-Mix Concrete work on public works projects.
For specific and additional information regarding DIR processes and procedures, please visit their website.
Please call Barbara Howard, Project Controls Specialist at (818) 507-0201 for additional information.