About the PTA Reflections Program
Each year, the PTA Reflections Program challenges students to create art inspired by a specific theme. Students are encouraged to create and submit works of art in six areas: dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography and the visual arts (which includes art forms such as drawing, painting, print making and collage).
School winners in each of the categories are selected by the Fremont Reflections Committee and are then submitted to the District level. Winners continue on to regional and state levels until reaching the ultimate prize as a National PTA Outstanding Interpretation Award Winner.
Students may participate in the Reflections Program by submitting entries to the Fremont PTA Reflections Chair.
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Students that enter will be recognized school-wide. 1st Place entries will move up to be judged amongst other students at Glendale schools. Those winners will continue to move up and finally, National winners will win college scholarships!
Entries are separated into the following grade divisions:
Primary: Preschool-Grade 2;
Intermediate: Grades 3-5;
Middle School: Grades 6-8;
High School: Grades 9-12;
Special Artist: All grades welcome.
All children deserve opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts. The arts play a critical role in students' success, in school and beyond. The Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
* The National PTA Reflections program is PTA’s cornerstone arts program. It was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork.